Thursday, July 5, 2012

My Utensil Drawer

This is what my life feels like right now:


Everything is here, but it is certainly a big ol' mess. 

Clearly I need to spend half an hour sorting this drawer out and making it usable, right?

Right.

So I made a tee pee for the kids today.  I used this tutorial for inspiration, but mostly (like everything), I just made it up as I went along. 

 I used a package of bamboo garden stakes ($2.96 at Menard's) for the structure, then cut a bedsheet according to the tutorial's directions for the tent part.  Then we invited the neighbors over to help us paint it...


We were all sweating (it was 100 degrees this afternoon while we worked) and covered in glitter fabric paint afterwards, but the result was pretty fabulous.

Instead of pinning and sewing or any other effort-requiring attachment method, I just hot glued the sheet to the posts.  I'm lazy, yes, but it worked.  Then we glued pompoms over the ugly rubber bands at the top (and added some on the very ends of the stakes, just for good measure)...

And it is done.  Easy peasy, and fun for all of us.

I love my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment