Sunday, September 4, 2011

Calling It a Win

The Wee Little Joel Baby is rising, pretty predictably, at 6:30 a.m. these days.

After all my bitching and hysteria, it seems like getting up and going down at the same times every morning and night, combined with having cut the nursing down to just once a day, after bath/before bed, have lined him out a bit.  (I thought my boobs might explode on Monday, but my body adjusted way faster than expected... or possibly I just sabotaged my milk altogether and will shortly run out completely.  Whatever; I don't really care, because we're all getting a lot more sleep at night now.)  He does consistently have a freak-out around midnight or one that usually sends us into the living room so he can wiggle around on the floor, sans-crib slats to bash his head into, but I don't mind sleeping on the couch, because I'm actually getting to sleep.

I'd forgotten how nice sleep feels.

And I love getting up early.  Not early-early, but between 6:00 and 6:30 is nice, because on work days, I have time to get ready comfortably, and on off days, I can just chill (and drink a pot of coffee in the dim quiet).  Right now, Greg and Sophie are still sacked out in our bedroom, and Joel and I have had a lovely, quiet morning of surfing the Internet and eating random bits of stuff off the floor (guess who was doing which).

I worked a lot this week (every day, actually), so it's nice to have no particular place to go this morning.  Also, it's gonna be nice to make and eat this amazing-looking blueberry cake for breakfast. 

I should go do that.

No comments:

Post a Comment