Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Success?

Well, okay, I'm not sure at this point what I am and am not willing to call "success," but I do know one thing:
We both survived the night!

I decided I'd have to stop nursing Joel in bed to help him dissociate sleeping and eating, so around 8 o'clock, I nursed him to sleep in the rocking chair, then put him down in his play pen.  He woke about an hour later, and I fed him again and put him back down.  The problem came at 11, just as I was going to bed.  I took him into the living room and rocked, bounced, whispered, patted, and rubbed his back for almost two hours as he screamed, whimpered, rubbed his eyes, pressed his face into me, arched his back and screamed some more.  But eventually he settled down beside me in bed and we slept a while. 

Around 2 this morning, he fussed and I fed him in the rocking chair.  I tried the bottle, but he was Not. Having. It.  So we nursed, and I'm pretty certain he was genuinely hungry.  After that, we slept some more, and at 5:30, I nursed him a bit more and put him down on the living room floor while I grabbed a last few moments of sleep on the couch. 

He's still sleeping in there, and I'm about to go wake Soph (who is having her own sleep issues) now.

One down, an undetermined number more to go!  Wheeee!

No comments:

Post a Comment