Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Already there...

When I worry about things, I tend to get tunnel-vision.  If I'm feeling discouraged, I am sometimes so overwhelmed by the negative that I forget even the possibility of the positive!  (Case in point: Last summer, when I was 3 months pregnant and having gall bladder surgery, I was overcome with worry that I would never wake up from anesthesia. Who does that?!)

So last weekend I was thinking and praying about a situation--not even a real situation, mind you, but one that might come my way soon--and worrying about all the little details, and whether it could ever work out all right, and I heard a whisper in my heart.  It said, "Don't worry about it.  I'm already there."

How simple, and yet how comforting. I don't even want to muss it up with my soliloquizing.

No comments:

Post a Comment