Thursday, February 17, 2011

Sophie and the Vacuum: A Timeline

Early infancy: Sophie ignores the vacuum

8 months: Sophie cries when she hears the vacuum

18 months: When Sophie hears the vacuum, she runs toward the sound, then glares at the vacuum/vacuumer until the job is finished

2 1/2 years: Sophie repeatedly asks, at least 5 times every day, "Are you going to use the vacuum?"  As she asks, she looks panicky and terribly sad.

Yesterday, as I vacuumed the dining room with my baby son strapped to me in the Moby wrap, I was surprised by 2 things. 

1) Joel stayed blissfully asleep.  He didn't even flinch at the noise.

2) Sophie didn't say anything, just slammed the playroom door.  When I turned the vacuum off, she peeked out and said, "Mommy, you finish using the bacuum?"


No comments:

Post a Comment